How VPN works?
Virtual Private Network creates a secure tunnel between the users machine and the network which the user is trying to connect. Through VPN user’s initial IP address is interchanged with one IP address provided by the Virtual Private Network provider.
Users can download VPN application as per their platform like Windows, Linux, MAC, Android or iOS. These applications are available for free and you can buy some premium services as well.
A user can get an IP address form the gateway of the VPN service providers. For an instance you are residing in Germany but in VPN you have selected New York or any other city which is listed in your VPN application.
This technology is widely used among corporate people as well. Virtual Private Network uses one to create a secure “tunnel” into a organizations network to provide access to private and confidential systems. This also helps users to browse with security.
Why use a VPN?
Using VPN you do some good changes which will help you to secure your search data and secure your identity over internet.
- You can hide your IP address: Once you are connected to a VPN network then it will change your IP address.
- Access blocked websites: You can access website which are blocked by governments (Not Advisable).
- Manipulate your IP address: You get an option to choose IP address based on different regions .
- Encrypt data transfers: A Virtual Private Network has ability to secure your data even if you transfer it over public WiFi.
- Hiding your location: With a VPN, users get an option to choose a region across the world based on the availability from VPN service provider.
Best free VPN for PC
Limitations of VPN
VPN is not 100% secure. There are a few limitations to it.
Users can’t be sure that they are 100% anonymous over internet. The browsing history is available in the VPN server and the VPN provider has the ability to see it.
When you connect to a VPN service, the speed gets reduced. This is ue to encryption and security of the data. The speed also depends upon the distance between users location and the VPN provider. The longer the distance the slower the connection.
Limitations in mobile devices
VPNs do not provide data security for smartphone and touchscreen mobile devices. You should select a VPN provider that provides cross-platform support for mobile devices as well.
Insufficient infrastructures for Some VPN Providers
If the number of servers are less with VPN service providers then you might experience slowness in the speed.